Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow cover

Today marks 3 straight weeks that we have had snow on the ground. Three weeks without seeing grass or dirt. We had 11 straight days of snow cover around Christmas. That's over a month of seeing nothing but white.

Yes, I've been counting. Last year around February I got curious about the last day I saw the ground without snow on it, but I couldn't find a website that tracked it. So this year I marked my calendar each time we got snow coverage and again when it melted enough to see patches of grass. Or at least I will mark the end of snow coverage if it ever comes again.

Tomorrow's forecast? Cloudy with snow likely, up to one inch accumulation.

We won't be needing that lawn mower any time soon.

p.s. I submitted the presentation proposal this afternoon. There's no going back now.

5 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Our snow has not lasted long enough to keep the ground "snow covered" for very long..much to P's dismay.Good luck!!

MOM #1 said...

In the almost 20 years that I've lived in Central Texas . . .we've never had one single snow covered ground day. Sometimes we get snow flurries . . . but they never ever cover the ground . . . they might make it as low as the car hoods . . . but that's all.

Your proposal will be celebrated by all, I'm sure of it!

retha said...

I like the way I get to enjoy snow. On photos and movies.
I think after the first two days I'll want to sweep it all away to see the grass and other plants on the ground. Even if they are brown and black.

Good thing one can not turn certain situations around. Hope you get an answer quick.

Anonymous said...

8" of ice. Gulp.

SabrinaT said...

Please send snow!!!

Good Luck on the proposal.. I am sure they will love it.