Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One

Bubbles passed away last night. Before bedtime. Violet was quite sad. But the good news is 24 hours later and Ruby is still looking good. She seems to be fine as an only fish. Mr. Incredible is going to take Violet out this weekend to get more fish. Hope Ruby doesn't get too used to living alone.

We laid low today. I got some more cleaning done. Winter leads to really icky floors. My dad stopped by in the afternoon with some cookie orders for Violet. He and his breakfast buddies all ordered. We also showed him the Wii Fit. He's a jock from way back. He kept hearing us talk about it and wanted to see it. I don't think he's giving up his weight bench for one, but he did think it was pretty neat.

We're plugging away slowly at school. Mr. Incredible helped install Rosetta Stone Spanish so we can start that up. We bought it ages ago, and I could have sworn we had it installed. But it wasn't, but now it is. We tried with it before but Violet didn't seem ready for it. I hope she takes to it better this time. I'm going to learn with her and I think that will help.

I'm also plugging away at work. This is going to be a long busy season. Expect it to go until Memorial Day weekend. I was able to outsource some jobs to younger staff and since I'm expected to do that when I can, I'll be getting more practice at it. Since I still have to review their work I don't lose all the hours for a project when I do give it away. It makes the bosses happy. And it keeps me a little more sane. Except when they don't reply to let me know if they are taking the job or not and what their schedule is for completing it. I have to work on communicating that from my end.

We might actually venture out of the house tomorrow. I have some paperwork to take to the Girl Scout Council office and Violet wants to buy her Junior Aide Patch. We need to stop by the grocery store on the way home.

The excitement never ends.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow. What a week so far for you! Fishy funerals are sad. I hope the new fish are hardy and ready to meet Ruby.

Anonymous said...

And then there was one... SIGH.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... Did you say cookies? Any lemon this year? MMM

The Old Gray Mare said...

You've been one busy lady! No wonder you haven't been blogging.

I'll probably experience some of that grocery store excitement myself this afternoon while Blondie is at handbells practice.

Garden State Kate said...

I hope Violet isn't too upset.
I hope Ruby likes her new tank mates.

MOM #1 said...

I'm so sorry about the passing fish. Fish are so hard to keep alive. I don't know if you want to start a precedent of buying a new fish whenever one dies . . . you may be spending lots and lots of time at the pet store.