Tuesday, January 27, 2009

None

Yes, it's true. Ruby died today. She seemed fine. Swimming around this morning and afternoon. Then tonight after dinner Violet stopped in to check on her and called downstairs with the bad news. Mr. Incredible tested the water in the tank, he said the levels were fine, or at least nothing alarming.

The same thing happened with Violet's first hamster. Well, not exactly the same thing, but you know what I mean. She got Netta and within 2 weeks the poor thing had contracted wet tail and died. It was so sad. It took us several months to get another hamster and after a year and a half Harry is still going strong.

Not sure what we'll do about more fish.

I guess it will depend on what Violet wants to do. If she wants to try with more goldfish, we'll get more. She and Mr. I were talking a bit, and I haven't talked with him to see what she said.

When the ground thaws we'll bury Ruby, Pearl, Bubbles and Treasure. They are all in a little take out container together.

RIP

5 comments:

Mel said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry for her. :-(

Wendy said...

Aw, poor lil' Ruby. I hope Violet is taking everything Ok. My thoughts go out to her.

Anonymous said...

So sorry. :o(

Garden State Kate said...

So sorry to hear that!
((hugs))

MOM #1 said...

Poor fish. Fish are really hard to keep alive, I hope Violet isn't taking it personally.

Maybe you'll buy one more round? Somehow we got ours to live for about a year.