Thursday, January 22, 2009

Junior Aide

On Monday Violet completed the requirements for her Junior Aide Patch. She had to work with a younger group of Girl Scouts three times in order to earn it. She helped with three Try-it days at our house with the younger Juliettes. She did a terrific job. I took her to the Council Shop today so she could get her patch. It will be sewn on the front of her sash.

One of the other moms e-mailed me tonight about something else. She said in her note how much Violet has blossomed and what a great job she does with the other girls. This mom has seen Violet in some of her worst times. Violet being shy, selfish, introverted and down right a pain in the you know where. It was really nice to see those words from another mom. I will share the compliment with Violet in the morning.

Next up for Girl Scouts, her bronze award. She has one more badge to earn, then she'll work with the greyhound rescue people Memorial Day weekend for her big project. Then she can coast for a year earning badges and just enjoying being a Junior Girl Scout.

No other news to report tonight. We had beautiful balmy 30 degree weather today. I went to the compost bin without my coat on. I completed a big project for work I've been doing. Yippee! Now I'm off to relax and stare at the TV.

2 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

That was nice of the other mom to take time to give some praise and encouragement. We all need to hear it sometimes.

MOM #1 said...

Hurray for Violet. Have fun relaxing and staring at your TV.