Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Busy Busy

Gosh, work has exploded! And here I was worried I would get laid off. Wow! I've had more people call me for things this week than I sometimes get in a month. I've made pretty good progress in the list and am ready to take the rest of the night off.

I was also worried (I do that a lot, don't I?) that we weren't making any progress in school. Then after dinner tonight Violet was showing Mr. Incredible all the art and craft projects she did all day. She really was busy. Her creative streak needed to get out. I guess trying to get math out of her would have been counter productive. I'll try to get some pictures of her work to post.

We have also made great progress on planning our next Juliette Try-It day scheduled for later this month. Their four art-to-wear projects will be:

1. Tie dye white bandannas using the Sharpie marker method Ami suggested.

2. Fabric paint to decorate shoe laces.

3. Friendship bracelets, using paper mache and a cardboard tube (this one comes from the Try-It book).

4. Turning a pair of ordinary socks into slipper socks with 3-D fabric paint.

We still have to find all our supplies and try a few things out. But I think the girls will like it all. I hope nothing gets on my carpeting. But if it does, it already has stains so I shouldn't get nuts about it.

We finally got some more snow. The brown grass was getting depressing. I think there is enough to snowshoe in, but the snowshoes are still in the basement. First we have to take Christmas down and make some room for the snowshoes. I guess I'd better get started on that tomorrow. Doesn't look like anyone else is going to. The worst part is that I can't take the tree down yet. Mr. Incredible wants to photograph it and hasn't gotten around to it. I don't get why. It looks basically the same as every year. I've already moved the tree skirt and presents out from under it. One of our cats finally got her Christmas wish and hacked up a hairball under it. Luckily the "tree skirt" is just a piece of Christmas material so I tossed it in the washer. It did get on the Blokus box, but came off okay. Blech.

Tomorrow night is a Girl Scout volunteer meeting. I e-mailed the service unit manager (also a volunteer) to see if I could finally get the reimbursement she owes me (from the service unit). She never replied. I've been waiting since September. I'm not feeling the love. She'd better have the money tomorrow night. It is about $60. That's enough in my book to be a tad ticked off about. My days as a volunteer are definitely numbered.

I'm off to watch Food Network, my latest obsession.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

I'd say $60 is enough to be ticked off about, that's not change - that's real money.

I can't wait to see pictures of Violet's work.

Those craft projects sound like lots of fun.