Friday, January 9, 2009

Up Before the Sunrise

Mr. Incredible gets up at 5 am on mornings he has to go in to the office (see why he likes to work from home?). He leaves by 6. I usually wake up when he's leaving, but I almost always go back to sleep and get up around 8. Not this morning. I was wide awake. I tried for a while but couldn't get back to sleep.

Part of the problem is that I was really mad about something. It is something stupid and boring and not the least bit juicy, so I'm not going to post about it. At least not yet. Between being pissed off and the cat causing a huge ruckus in the bathroom I was up.

I made a cup of tea (did I tell you I suddenly stopped drinking coffee in early December? No particular reason. It was around the time I started working out. Coffee just stopped sounding good.) Then I started in on work. I had quite a bit to do. The client in deep doo doo still needed help in the form of a million unreturned phone calls. I have called every health related government employee in the state this week. Three have answered their phones or returned my call. Bazillions more haven't called me back. My best contact's voice mail said he was on special assignment. How dare he do that to me? I need him at my beck and call once a year to help with a sticky problem. So inconsiderate.

Anyway, I got quite a bit done and still was able to work out on my normal schedule. Wendy wrote a great blog entry this morning with lots of good advice and encouragement on losing weight and working out, Use it or lose it. Thanks Wendy! You posted at the perfect time in my quest to fit into my capris!

We got the Girl Scout camp booklet today. Violet still isn't ready to go to camp by herself. That's okay with me. I'd rather she wait until she were really ready than have a bad experience. Plus, this way I get to go!

We're eyeballing 3 different mom-daughter sessions. One is a two night, moms and daughters only (and no dads, but you can substitute another adult female for the mom) at a camp we haven't been to. We met some mom-daughter pairs last summer who had been there and really liked it. Another session is one night family camp, the same we went to last year (when we had the really bad storm and were evacuated at 5 am, then were killed with heat and humidity the next day). Our weather may have been lousy but it was a really good program. The last is a pick your days family or troop camping at the first camp we went to up in Northern Wisconsin. You decide how many nights you want to stay and which days during a two week period. They provide all the meals. And they have optional activities you can choose from including archery, canoeing, swimming, hiking, crafts and more. Or you can leave camp and do activities in the area. I'm thinking 2 or 3 nights. I'm not sure. It is a 6 hour drive so we need to stay long enough to make the drive worth it.

Tomorrow night Violet has a birthday party to go to. Mr. Incredible and I are going out to eat during it. It is at the birthday boy's house. Violet's been there many times for homeschool/social activities.

We got about 4 inches of snow today. I shoveled it. I was doing okay until I hit that gosh-darned awful last 4 feet at the end of the driveway where the snowplow piled it all up. That's a killer. We are supposed to get another 2 or 4 inches overnight. I put the fear of the Girl Scout police in some new leaders' hearts at our meeting last night and they are supposed to be dropping off their registrations this weekend. I figured it would be best if they didn't get stuck in the driveway.

We made more progress with school today. I'm pleased overall with the week. But part of me wishes we had more to show for math.

Back to reread the camp brochure. There are so many cool programs that I wish I could attend! They need summer camp for moms only.

5 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I know Wendy's post is right on time and oh so true.

Good luck picking out camps!

retha said...

Maybe I'll go read what Wendy says, maybe that will get me past the hate of sweatting.
Hope Violet found it a pleasant experience at the party.

You are welcome to read, I am honoured. That specific place is what we do and were we go.

Anonymous said...

Why was the cat causing a ruckus in the bathroom?

It's thunderstorming here this morning. SIGH.

Ami said...

I miss my Girl Scouts.
::sigh::

Anonymous said...

Hey Freakmom,
I just today received magazine order from GS. IS it too late to order??
Bunny