Monday, January 12, 2009

Art Time

Violet has been in an art craze the last few days. I've finally photographed some of her work to share with you.

The first is a painting kit she got from her best friend Red. I have two photos so you can see that she also painted the inside of the jewelry box. The other pieces are a mobile and picture frame:





She's really into fairies, and we got her a fairy making kit for Christmas. Here are her first 2 fairies. It is the Fairy Queen and a baby in a flower basket. We had the little basket that Violet used for the baby:



And finally, Violet modeling the t-shirt she painted. The shirt and fabric paints were a gift from her cool aunt who lives in downtown Chicago and travels the world:



See why she preferred all this to math.

9 comments:

SabrinaT said...

What a great job! Those turned out marvelously...

For Christmas I asked for and GOT a small ceramic jewelry box to paint. I love it!!

Ami said...

Love all the artwork!

Especially the flower fairies. Taught some girls at work how to make them back in November.

They totally loved it, too.

Excellent job on the t-shirt.

The frames and stuff look almost like cookies with icing. Maybe that's just the picture.

Cute, anyway.

:)

MOM #1 said...

She did a great job! They're beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to math as well! :o)

Violet is TOO cute and WAY talented. She has quite the artistic flair!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Wow! She has really been busy!

I really like the t-shirt. It just says spring to me.

The Cooking Lady said...

My daughter ravaged our craft cabinet and made an ornament this year. Rustic, but cute all the same.

*It was a Floridian snowman*

Miekie said...

What a creative child! Are you also an artist. I think her paintwork is exceptional. How old is she? (I also homeschool - will start blogging again after a loooong vacation. Long for a South African that is!

Jessica said...

Love the fairies--very cute!

Gerky said...

Oh I love the fairy kit! Sweet would absolutely love it too. She is very artistic!