Thursday, January 8, 2009

Got the money

I got the money that was owed to me by the Girl Scouts. Plus a big apology not only for it being late but because I had to remind her about it. That helps. I'm still resigning from Juliette Coordinator. I haven't told her yet. I will around April or May. Then she'll know I'm not wigging out mid-year. I have a reputation for doing that.

Didn't make much progress in school again today. Violet was still in a creative mood and was working more on her projects. I took a couple of pictures. I will get one of her wearing the t-shirt she painted then post them all. She was also feeling like reading. We read some more Texas books out loud. And she finished the American Girl series about Addy, who lived during the Civil War our current history time period. So it wasn't a total loss.

Our forecast is for 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow. This morning when our forecast was for only 2-4 inches we decided to go out to the library so we wouldn't have to drive in snow. I'm glad we did that.

I'm hoping we get the snow. We only have about an inch on the ground right now. I'd really like to snowshoe. A few more inches would be perfect. I guess I should look to see what the expected temperatures will be this weekend. I still don't have snowpants.

Tomorrow we must do math. We are so far behind where we really should be in math it is pathetic. Don't tell the authorities.

4 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I'm so glad you got your money. You so deserve it!

What exactly does it mean "to snowshoe?" Does that mean walk around in snow shoes? What exactly is a snow shoe? Can you post a picture? I mean I guess I could Google it, but I'd like to see YOUR snow shoes.

Ok? That's all. Go forth and be merry!

SabrinaT said...

We are behind in math as well. I know we will catch up.
We want snow! It is cold enough for it outside so let's hope!!

Wendy said...

Hooray for getting money that you are owed!

It sounds like Violet is making plenty of progress. :-) Taking pictures and reading sounds like a lovely day to me.

Ooh, snow! How I miss snow!

Anonymous said...

Jay got caught in a foot of snow on a run to Cleveland. Gack.

We had about a dozen or so flakes.

Happy snowshoeing! :o)