Sunday, June 8, 2008

Public or private?

I created a new poll to see how many of my readers share their blogs with people they know in real life. Mr. Incredible knows I have the new blog, but I haven't encouraged him to read it. "It is just my rambling on about homeschool stuff, I've already told you all the stuff in it anyway."

Once in a while I write something that I'd like to share with my real life friends. But I write so much more that I'd rather only share with my blogging friends. So I don't share the blog at all. This is my sounding board where I can come to figure things out with the help of my quite often more reasonable and cool-headed friends.

6 comments:

Red said...

The more I become comfortable with blogging, I will show more people. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing....WHAT?!

I have no clue what I am doing, I am a mom.

Ami said...

I hate when I leave a comment and my internet goes to sleep and the comment is lost forever... especially when it was either really profound or witty. Fortunately, the comment I tried to leave earlier was neither.

My friends read my blog. The more embarrassing things in my life don't go on the blog, though.

I would be embarrassed to talk about things like hemmorhoids or sex.

:-D

MOM #1 said...

Well, as usual, my answer doesn't fit into one of the little bubbles.

Mom #2 reads my blog, but no one outside of the house. My mom, dad, sister, etc . . . don't even know I have a blog.

Why is it so easy to share with strangers?

P.S. In case no one else says anything. I like the new purple hue you've given the place. ;-)

Maria said...

I'm with red. The more comfortable I am the more I share. It's odd, but my RL friends seem kinda ambivlant toward my blogging, which is really fine with me..I use it more as a homeschool sounding board...and to keep family up to date...I"m disappointed in my RL friends for ignoring it, yet vastly relieved, too!

Synia said...

I just started blogging and haven't decided whether I will share or not....so I guess my answer for now is no, I don't share my blog with friends and family....yet :)

Fatcat said...

I told a lot of people about it in the beginning and now my brother and sisters in law and my husbands' aunt are frequent readers. Sometimes I print out some things for my parents to read and sometimes my brother drops by. I do have to keep that in mind when I blog. :-0