Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Irritable

That's been me lately. Irritable. Crabby. The personification of Donald Duck himself.

But I really don't think it is my fault. It is everyone around me driving me nuts. Answering questions with questions. Not remembering the least little thing. The inability to make a decision. Drives you nuts after a while.

And the crowds. Holy cow, where did all these people come from? I guess they really have been locked up in their public school prison. I can't wait until they go back. Stores are crowded. The library is horrendous. They are out in the streets. Driving is insane. And if I get my hands on the person who was blaring their music and honking their horn at 6:30 am this morning....

Can anyone tell me why it is necessary to bring a stroller into a library? They drive their SUVs to the library. Then set up their double wides or jogging strollers and strap a few kids into it. Then have more kids trailing along with it, and worse PUSHING IT! Who ever thinks it is a good idea to let a 4 year old push a stroller in a crowded building is insane! What is wrong with these morons?

I thought about complaining to the library people about it. The strollers are blocking the aisles and making it difficult to get to the materials. But I figure it plays perfectly into their hands. See the library wants desperately to expand. And to do so they require a referendum and more money. They'd like about double what they get now. Well, think of how there will be plenty of room for everyone, including those lovely children in strollers and their wonderful moms when they get it.

My favorite client got sold this month. The regulars that I've worked with for the last 8 or so years are all either retiring or resigning. They are all sad. I'm sad. I've lost 60 to 70 hours of steady work each year. And I've lost friends. Even if we said we'd keep in touch, we won't. They are over an hour and a half away, and it is awkward to stay in contact with ex-clients. But I'm still sad about it.

I was crabby long before that. And that doesn't explain the idiotic behavior of the rest of the planet. But it doesn't help either.

5 comments:

Maria said...

OH, I HATED our library yesterday! Soooo many people/kids milling about...not used to that...welcome to summer, I guess. School here was supposed to be out sooner but what with snow days this year they just got out yesterday...and I'm thinking I hope there are more snow days this year. Lots and lots of them so we can have a quiet summer.

Are we awful??

Synia said...

I feel your pain.
Try driving around an over populated island when school is out! Trying to get out of the blockbuster parking lot(there is a Mc.D's next door so it is a popular hangout for the teens) yesterday was a nightmare! Luckily the kids are only out of school for 6 weeks here!!

MOM #1 said...

Oh, I KNOW!

There are too many people everywhere. I've had to start trying to allow 20 extra minutes for everywhere I thought I could get to in a reasonable amount of time. There's so much traffic.

It's been so hot here that things that used to be a mild annoyance are really starting to tick me off.

Needless to say, I'm not nearly as pleasant as I used to be either. LOL.

The only quiet place I can find is when I'm in the toilet, but if I stay in there too long, someone is bound to knock on the door and ask me for a favor "just as soon as I get out."

Goodness!

Anonymous said...

*HUG*

The Old Gray Mare said...

I've discovered that the best time to shop is 9 am. When I'm dropping Brownie off for work, I just go on in to do my shopping and the place is practically empty.

He, on the other hand, is running ragged in the toy department with school being out. He worked until 10 pm one night this week and he said kids were still running the aisles tearing the place apart.