Thursday, June 12, 2008

On the go

I'm so tired of driving and running around. I remember now why we try not to schedule much. I think after tomorrow we'll be in for a long stay at home!

Last Thursday I took Violet to Tinkerbell's house. While she played there I ran errands, then went back for her. On Friday we drove to my parent's house for a visit. Dad and I went into town. On Saturday we drove to the new Girl Scout camp. Sunday we were home! On Monday night I went a few towns away for a Girl Scout registrar meeting/networking event. On Tuesday I refused to to anywhere. On Wednesday Violet was back to Tinkerbell's house and I had more errands to do. Today I took Violet back to my folks where she is staying overnight. Tomorrow morning I get up early and drive to an all-employee meeting nearly in Chicago, then back to pick up Violet and bring her home. None of this has been in the same direction. All has involved road construction and delays. I think I'll have logged over 300 miles by tomorrow night. See why we aren't moving once we get back here!

We got the pool set up in the backyard. It is 12 feet in diameter and 30 inches high. I think we may have needed to get a building permit to put it up. Oh well. Hopefully they won't bust us. While they are at it they can fine us for the work we did in the basement without a permit.

I need to get an inflatable ring, I intend to float in the pool all next week. Or at least until I have to answer the door for the building inspector.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, I SO hear you. We've been running almost every day too and it's costing in dollars and my sanity!!

MOM #1 said...

I KNOW! What's going on? It seems like I can't just sit in my house and veg like I really want to. In this heat, I just hate getting in the car and driving and driving and driving. It's miserable.

Oh, can you please get two inflatable rings? I'll bring a pitcher of margaritas and I'll use my excess cellulite to scare away the city inspector!

The Old Gray Mare said...

I've spent the past 2 weeks shuttling boys from work, to ball games, to the orthodontist, to VBS, to pool parties, etc. Brownie having his license isn't a lot of help when he doesn't have his own car. He can't take mine because I need it to run Blondie hither and yon.

Floating in the pool sounds good to me! Being on a deserted, tropical island sounds even better!

SabrinaT said...

That is a lot of driving. I am NOT looking forward to that part of moving back. Enjoy the pool!

Ami said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've said that we're only home long enough to mess up the house for years.

If I had space in my backyard for a pool, I'd definitely get one this year.

Sounds heavenly.

Anonymous said...

Want to borrow Cave Man? He makes every trip I make SO much more fun.