Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How our garden grows

I've been promising pictures of the garden and I'm sure you've all be anxiously awaiting them! Well, today we out in it doing some weeding and planted more onions, so I thought I'd better get photographing before the bunnies eat much more of it!

First a photo of the whole thing from our deck:



Hopefully these will all turn out decent, it is quiet a sunny day. I'm not a good photographer, I'm a point and shooter!

Next come the tomatoes. We only have 6 plants this year, all big tomatoes, no cherries. I love fresh cherry tomatoes, but really by the 600th cherry tomato, I've had enough! These I can freeze:



Next are the broccoli and cauliflower. I didn't weed these very well as you can see. I didn't really weed anything very good, I mainly wanted the thistles out.



Here are the surviving pea plants. I found a few old tomato cages and stuck them around them to try to save them from the bunnies. Hopefully we'll get a pea pod or two. There is dill planted to the left of them and something to the right, but I'm not sure what. (Did I mention I garden as well as I take photos?)



Next are the onions. These are probably our best bet for actually harvesting anything, besides the tomatoes. There's a spaghetti squash plant on one end and a gourd plant on the other. The onions should be long gone by the time they get bigger:



The green bell peppers should do pretty good too:



The green beans are being eaten a little bit, but so far it looks like we might get a few:



Yeah, I'm not so sure about these eggplants. They don't look too healthy. This is pretty much as big as they were when we bought them. We'll see.




And last but possibly least, the cucumbers. We have one free-range cucumber and one caged cucumber. I ran out of little cages.



Thank you for joining us on our garden tour. Don't forget to stop by the gift shop on the way out and come back again in a few weeks to see photos of plant stalks and really fat bunnies.

7 comments:

Red said...

I am so jealous. We have not moved on our garden. I need a swift kick to get me moving.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the fat bunnies!

All we got were GIANT onions. We planned on really having a proper garden this year, but we got sidetracked with Itty Bitty.

Donna said...

Great Garden! I wish we had one going... With all that is going on with tomatoes now it will be nice for you to have your own home grown produce!

Fatcat said...

It's such a cute garden. I love it!

Ours is pitiful this year except for my flower bed, which is really pretty.

The Old Gray Mare said...

I enjoyed the tour!

MOM #1 said...

What a great photo tour! We don't have space for a garden where we live now, but hopefully will be moved into a new place next year.

I'm so jealous!

Red said...

Great...and thee only thng I can show pictures of is my new clothes line! Yippee!

I still love your photos!