Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Party time!

Violet's birthday is in July, so we've begun planning her party. She wants to have a party here at our house and invite the girls to sleepover in a backyard camp out afterwards. She has 7 party guests, and I think only 3 are likely to sleepover. At the most it will be 5 plus Violet, because 2 are boys and we're only inviting the boys to the party portion. She's having the party camp themed. One of the next steps will be to figure out some camp games, crafts or activities to do during the regular party and during the overnight. We've discussed hot dogs and s'mores for the overnight, plus catching fireflies and playing flashlight tag. I'll post all the details when they are ironed out. In the meantime I wanted to show off the invitations we made today.

This is the outside:



And when you open up the tent flaps:



The inside will just be all the party details which we haven't printed out yet. They will be printed in a cool font Mr. Incredible found for us called "hobo". We'll probably do it on colored copy paper, but I don't know if she's chosen the color yet.

I thought they turned out cute. The plan for the camp out is to have the girls in our larger tent and I'll sleep out with them in the "counselor" tent. That way I can be nearby if they need me during the night, but I don't have to listen to the giggling as much. Hope the guests will be able to make it. Summer birthdays are hard with all the family vacations. And I have to admit this sounds much cooler than yet another ceramics party or trip to Chuck E. Cheese.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome invitations!!
Sounds like a great time.
I don't camp...use to when I was much younger. Besides, it is too darn hot in Florida!!!
I probably would camp again, if it was in Colorado!!!
Take lots photos!!!
Bunny

Anonymous said...

I would take giggling over cicadas any day! LOVE the invites!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Sounds like a really cool party in the making! Awesome job on the invitations!

Ami said...

Great invitations!

How about a nighttime treasure hunt?

I did one awhile back with my Girl Scout troop. We went out at 10 p.m. and it was a HUGE hit.

At the last 'station' they had to use the clues to figure out what tool to use... then dig up the treasure chest full of chocolate coins.

Fatcat said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. You are braver than I! I haven't ever hosted a sleepover party and I don't know if I ever will!

Mel said...

That is a cute party idea and love the invites!