Friday, June 20, 2008

Last update of the day

I promise. Boy, do I need a life? Or maybe just someone to talk to.

Red's mom called me back and said that Red felt really bad about leaving last night. Our cats freaked her out. One walked through the room she and Violet were going to sleep in and I just she started worrying what if she woke up in the night and the cat was standing on her or was staring at her. She has dogs, big dogs, but hasn't had a cat since she was a baby. Violet and Red talked on the phone for a bit and Violet assured her she wasn't mad. Then Red came over and played all afternoon.

The girls went in the pool and while they were splashing I checked out the garden. One tomato plant took a pretty hard hit from the hail. So did the lettuce. Most of the other stuff looked like it was going to survive. We thought we were going to get hit with another big storm, so I had the girls come in and get cleaned up. Then they were getting tired and a bit bored, so I sent Red home. Her dad was back home with Little Red and Big Brother, so she was happy to go see them.

Tomorrow afternoon Tinkerbell arrives and we'll try again for a sleepover. This time we'll ask her how she feels about the cats, if she wants them shut out of the room. And we'll make sure she knows that Preki is the household guardian. She watches over Violet every night. She has since the first day when we brought her home from the hospital. Actually it is funny, that cat didn't sleep for at least 24 hours straight when Violet first came here. She was sitting guard in the doorway of the bedroom. Finally, she was too exhausted and had our "assistant cat" Alexi take over and she fell asleep.

4 comments:

MOM #1 said...

See! It was nothing you did. Just a little girl thing. I'm glad it all got worked out.

Anonymous said...

Cats are peculiar creatures aren't they? I never understood why people think that they don't have personality. TeeHee

The Old Gray Mare said...

So, you even have freaky cats. ;o)

I think it's really neat that Preki is Violet's guardian cat.

I'll take a cat over a dog any day!

dariasmama said...

I think Violet is turning into a very cool person, to be so understanding of her friend. Please tell her I said so.