Friday, June 20, 2008

Hail!

We had quite the thunderstorm just blow through here. Not too much lightning but lots of wind and hail. Enough to cover the ground:





You can even see the illegal pool in the background of this one. The hail was bouncing off the cover like popcorn.


Of course I did what any good homeschool mom would do and as soon as it was safe I sent Violet out to collect a sample to study:



Looks like the storm has passed us for now, so we're back to our daily nothing. I did try to call Red's house but got their answering machine. I left her dad a message to make sure she was alright and invite her over to play later. I'll let you all know if I find out more.

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

That's some extreme weather.

All we got was a 10 minute thunder shower today. That's the only break from the 105 degree weather we've been having for the past month or so.

Of course, now it's hot again - and twice as humid!

Anonymous said...

Violet is such a cutie pie! :o)