Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We may have a winner

(See the post below, if you haven't read it yet.)

It looks like we may have a keeper in the quest for new friends. Today's playdate went really well. Violet and Cookie (she's already got a blog nickname) hit it off right away. Immediately they were talking and laughing as if they'd played together every day of their lives. Cookie was nice and friendly, respectful of our house, me and our pets.

When her mom picked her up she suggested we compare calendars when we see them next week at a homeschool event we'll all be attending to see when Violet can play at their house. As they walked to the car I heard Cookie say, "I want to play there again."

We've known them for ages. Just never got the girls together before now. I hope it works out. But we've been through enough bad situations to have learned not to force it. It will or it won't work out. They'll become friends or they won't. Either way, ultimately, is fine. But things are looking good so far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

Wendy said...

Glad to read the good news! Finding playmates can be tough. The parents need to like the child as much as their children do, I think.

The ones that make me roll my eyes are the ones I avoid; the ones that make me say, "Oh, s/he's so polite!" are the keepers.

The Old Gray Mare said...

Good news! I hope Violet & Cookie enjoy many happy times together.