Monday, April 14, 2008

Formal Pajamas?

The visitation is tomorrow and the funeral is Wednesday for Mr. Incredible's grandmother. I spent this morning trying to find something I could wear to each. I used to work every day in an office. For years. In fact, I spent a lot of days in a suit out at clients. Now I wear jeans and sweatshirts all winter and shorts and t-shirts all summer.

I tried on one of my best skirts. It is wool and very classic looking. It would work for the day as long as I don't eat, drink or breathe the entire time. I tried on a few others too, same results. I gotta start working out. I finally went back to my one suit. The one I wear every single time I go anywhere for work. I'm sure they all say "Here comes Freakworker, in her one suit," when they see me. It is a pant suit, so I'm wearing it to the visitation. I have a summery dress that fits, and I found a blazer I can wear over it. That will do. Mr. Incredible and I both said that as long as we didn't stand out too much, no one will notice what we're wearing. They'll all be too worried about what they are wearing.

Violet went shopping with my folks yesterday and picked out a skirt and shirt that will work for the visitation. My folks knew about Grandma's passing, but we waited until Violet got home to tell her (I did tell you she spent the weekend at their house, didn't I?) Mr. Incredible and I had also found her another dress when we were out last night. Today when I went to pick her up we all went to lunch and shopping. We found shoes for Violet too. Now she won't have to wear pink tennis shoes with her dresses.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out why I can't wear my blue flannel two piece "suit" with sheep on it. Or maybe my pink flannel suit with kitties on it. I could wear my fuzzy "shoes" and a long terry cloth "coat" over it all, the one with the big pockets and the tie belt I keep by the shower. Wouldn't we all be more comfy if we could wear pajamas all the time? Maybe society would be a lot less grumpy if we were wearing comfortable clothes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all for wearing our comfortable clothes all the time. I'd probably shock the neighbors though.

Fatcat said...

"It would work for the day as long as I don't eat, drink or breathe the entire time."

That breathing thing, that's pretty important!

MOM #1 said...

Well you need to move down here to central Texas. We like to be comfortable ALL the time. Half my friends who work won't even consider a job that doesn't specifically say "casual dress" in the job posting.

You could walk into any given church on Sunday (from what I hear, it's been a while) and see tank tops and flip flops.

You know us backwoods heathens just can't seem to get our acts together, LOL.

MOM #1 said...

Oh, I forgot to add - formal attire usually includes flip flops with glitter! HAHAHAHAHAHA