Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tomorrow's the day

I'll finally get the root canal tomorrow. I'm glad I'm going in, the tooth has been bothering me more lately. I think the infection isn't completely gone. I just want it over with.

I've been so busy with work lately. I've been putting in 20 hour weeks for the last month. It doesn't sound like much, but all of us homeschooling moms know that carving out an extra 20 hours each week for anything is a lot. I can really tell when I work more than 10 hours in a week. Up to 10 hours is a breeze, after that things start to slide. Like cleaning and relaxing. I probably have 2 more weeks or so until this project is done. I'm definitely not complaining about the paychecks. But I am ready for a break. I'm using the dentist as my excuse to take tomorrow off.

We've had beautiful weather the last couple of days. I've already asked Violet if she'd mind playing outside a lot tomorrow while I recover from the dentist. I told her I probably wouldn't feel like reading out loud much which is what most of our school revolves around. She agreed to swing all afternoon. By next week I'm hoping we can get out and start the yard work. It is still too early to plant anyway.

Since I've gotten everything done for work that I can do until some of it gets reviewed I'm taking tonight off too. I'm going to go shower and put on jammies and sit around with a magazine or a Sudoku for a while. Living on the wide side again!

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

Good luck on the root canal. I hope it's practically painless!

Anonymous said...

Praying it all goes well. I'm with Violet. An afternoon of swinging sounds divine!

Ami said...

I hope you have a dentist as kind as the one we've found. I live in constant fear that he will retire and I'll have to go another 15 years without care before I find a good one.

Taking the day off sounds like a great idea, but I'm sorry dental work is the reason.