Monday, April 28, 2008

Did someone order a doggy?

Remember how Violet was waiting and waiting and waiting for her incentives from the cookie sale? She finally got them today! Including the prized stuffed dog! I hadn't heard anything from the cookie chair, so last Friday I called and asked her if there was any word on them. She said she'd just gotten them. Today I drove over to her business and picked them up. I left Violet with Mr. Incredible and didn't tell her where I was going (she was just happy not to have to go with). Partly I wanted to surprise her, partly I didn't want to disappoint her just in case anything was missing. It wasn't. She was. (Nothing missing, she was surprised, it made sense in my head, but I wasn't sure it would to anyone else).

I sat and talked with cookie chair for a while, trying to come up with better ideas for monitoring the process since the troop leaders input their own orders now. They make mistakes and we have to catch it. And complaining about leaders who can't follow simple rules (like only girls officially registered as Girl Scouts may sell cookies). We sympathize that they are busy, but as cookie chair put it, "enough is enough, get with it." We were both ready to slap a few leaders to get them to straighten up. But unfortunately, Council frowns upon us hitting other volunteers.

My filling over my root canal went really smoothly. He didn't even have to numb it which meant no after anesthetic headache.

Super Grandpa left after lunch. We had a nice time with him here. We did get over to the Girl Scout camp open house. I think we all enjoyed seeing the camp, the tents, hiking the trails and talking to a few of the staff.

I am so glad the cookie incentives are here, that the tooth repair is over with, and that it is almost May! It almost makes up for the fact that it was snowing this afternoon.

Yep. Snow. Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so missed your witty way with words.
I say that you have my permission to slap those ladies when you see them shopping, at play, where ever except at council or gs property!!!
Sorry it's snowing, it's so hot here all my herbs died. (Didn't matter that I forgot to water them at all!!)
I AM SO HAPPY THAT VIOLET FINALLY GOT HER PUPPY!!!!!
took them long enough!!!

Anonymous said...

SNOW? Gulp.

The Old Gray Mare said...

I'm glad the long-awaited doggy has finally arrived. I hope Violet was pleased with her reward.