Sunday, April 13, 2008

Can you believe it?

There is snow on the ground today! Not a complete covering, but snow. Yesterday morning I had to drive to the Girl Scout council office for our delegate meeting and there were snow flakes mixed in with the rain. It was even snowing fairly hard during our meeting. But none of it stuck to the ground. I get up this morning and look out the window and see white!

Meanwhile the daffodils are about to pop open any time now.

Violet is at my folk's house this weekend. They are doing the postponed overnight. Last night they went to KFC for dinner. Today they are going to a big greenhouse and Cracker Barrel. I gave her some homeschool petty cash to pick out something at the greenhouse to grow for school, or a bird house or whatever she sees.

Mr. Incredible and I are going out to dinner tonight, our postponed dinner out. We just can't decide where. We both have piles of work to do. I'm still not hopeful I will actually get this project done on time. I've told them as much, but get no answers. They haven't even gotten me back any of the work I've submitted as drafts. I'm supposed to get some of it on Monday. That's what they said last week.

Mr. Incredible's grandmother passed away yesterday. She had a daughter and grandson with her at the nursing home. She went peacefully to go join her husband again. Since he died ten years ago I really think that's just what she's been waiting for. I'm sure by the end of the week he'll be driving her nuts again.

We don't know when the services will be yet. There are family members in Wisconsin, Virginia, California and Georgia that might be coming in, so I'm guessing later in the week. When I go pick up Violet on Monday we need to stop by Wal-Mart and see if we can get her a nicer pair of shoes to wear.

Or if the snow keeps up she can wear her boots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Grandma Incredible. Sending hugs!

The Old Gray Mare said...

I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. We had a funeral last week for one of dh's uncles.