Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quick update

I'm starting to feel better. I finally tried working today. Got a little done. I've come to terms with the fact that I just might not complete this project as assigned on time. Oh well. Not sure how the bosses will feel about that. But maybe they should have asked more questions about my availability prior to assuming I'd be able to do it.

Violet has been sick now too. Yesterday she woke up with a sore throat. I thought it was just allergies what with all the leaves starting to bud. But it got worse during the day and by evening she was throwing up. Today she had no energy whatsoever and a fever. Just sat on the couch and read books. Finally agreed to have me read to her in the afternoon.

She didn't eat much all day, although her stomach was better. She had plain cooked noodles for lunch. For dinner plain cooked chicken, white rice and green beans. And water. Her choice. I kept trying to get her to try other stuff, but nothing sounded good.

She was supposed to have a play date tomorrow afternoon, but we pushed it back a week. I told the family that Violet wouldn't be much fun if she was anything like today. She just kept sitting and staring at me. I expect she'll feel a lot better tomorrow. But another day off will be needed.

4 comments:

Ami said...

I hate being sick. But it's NOTHING compared to how much I hate it when my kids are sick.

Hope you're both feeling a lot better soon.

:)

Anonymous said...

Poor little Violet. Sending get well hugs. Feel better SOON!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Sending get well wishes to Violet!

SabrinaT said...

Get well soon Violet~!~ And mommy~!