Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nothing remarkable going on

We've been busy the last two days, but nothing to write home about. Working hard at school. Today Violet mastered multiplying fractions. She learned about reducing fractions. Which is rather hard to do if you don't know your multiplication facts. But the thought of memorizing them brings her to tears, screams and whines. I can't take it, I can't make her do it. I'm hoping she will learn them through use. It is my only hope. Mr. Incredible says he never memorized his. Call me a freak, but I thought times tests were fun in school. Then again, I wasn't a very social kid. If I was doing math I didn't have to talk to anyone. And I was good at it and comfortable with it.

"Yes, but how does that make you feel?"

Well, I ... wait a minute, that's not what this is about. I'm just talking about the last 2 days here, not getting deep character analysis.

I tried to talk Violet into taking a kayaking class with Girl Scouts over the summer. It is one day, 5 hours, take a sack lunch and learn to kayak in a lake. She didn't want to. She said she'd be too nervous in a small boat by herself. I looked at the calendar and it was just as well. The week before was going to be really busy. And besides, I think I'm the one that really wants to learn to kayak. Maybe I could take it. Think I could pass for a 4th or 5th grader?

I've been trying to get some answers from someone who works in a State office for a client. Today she basically told me to stop calling her. She said she'd get back to me sometime after she meets with 2 higher ups who are "very busy men." That didn't sit well with me. For one, she works for us - my clients and me. We pay our taxes, they pay her salary. For two, "very busy men?" Give me a break. Show me a working mom who doesn't do twice as much on any given day than these supposed "busy men." Snort. I bet they take lunch hours. I bet someone else makes dinner for them. I bet they don't go to the grocery store, the laundromat, kids' carpool, or help with homework. If they do any of them, it certain isn't on the same day while working full time. Moms do that. How about my clients? Running a small business (female owned and operated by the way), attempting to make payroll each pay period, trying to stay afloat in difficult times. While managing their own families. They are busy. And my bosses. I couldn't even report back to either of the two who have assigned me this task (both women) because both are traveling for business and have been gone most of the week. Both have husbands and extended families with health and other issues to take care of even while they are out of state. They are busy.

Very busy men, my ass.

There's no such thing.

(And to all those men I've just offended....what are you doing reading a freak mom's homeschool blog anyway? That's kind of creepy. Stop it.)

4 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

BWAHAHA! Snort.

Fatcat said...

LoL!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Preach it sister! Amen.

MOM #1 said...

Let 'em read; the truth will set them free!

Amen and hallelujah!

Oh, and I'm with Violet about the kayaking. Scary!