Sunday, April 19, 2009

AWOL Again

I know, I need to post more. I don't know where the time goes!

Last week I got really stressed out. I felt weighted down with everything. We don't have as much done for school as I'd like us to. Every time I turn around I have to go out at night for a Girl Scout related meeting. The house was a mess. I have a huge project to do for work that has me really out of my comfort zone and into the great unknown. I don't know what I have to do for it or how to do it.

In short, I felt like an anvil was sitting in my lap and I couldn't move.

Side note, has anyone ever seen an anvil in real life? Do they have anvils in real life? Or is it just Wiley E. Coyote and Road Runner who have them?

This morning I decided to get moving. I wanted to do something that I could actually complete. I cleaned the house. It is "presentable" now. Not really clean, but much, much better. Then I went to the grocery store and we have food for the next week or so. I finally feel on track again.

Tomorrow we have a tour of the library scheduled. I set it up when Violet started asking what the librarians do. We have three of the other homeschool Juliette families joining us. The librarians sounded excited to have us come in. We'll be a small group, 7 kids and 4 moms.

Tomorrow is also swim lessons. So our school schedule is purposely light. On Tuesday she is going to start Key to Percents. I'm not sure how far into the book her current math skills will let her get, but I know she can do the beginning concepts before we have to break and practice other things. Her addition, subtraction, multiplication and division aren't as strong as I'd like them to be. But working ahead in fractions, decimals and measurement (all Key to) have been helping without the drudgery of drills.

I'll try to blog more. And I'll try not to get so overwhelmed. One thing at a time. That's how things get done.

2 comments:

Ami said...

It sounds like you're busier than ever.

My grandma used to say, "I'll rest when I'm dead."

Sort of stark, but a good point to ponder, I guess.

Hope you have a good week.

:)

Mother Mayhem said...

Acme carries anvils. I'll send you a catalog. ;o)