Thursday, April 23, 2009

I am a winner

Last night was the Girl Scout Adult Recognition dinner. We nominated our service unit mentor for the Thanks II Badge and she received it. It is the highest recognition an adult volunteer can receive. Only one other volunteer received it last night (no one received it last year). The other lady led the outdoor overnight training I took a couple of years ago. She's really, really good and totally deserving of it as well.

It was a fun night. I ate too much. I clapped and cheered for the award recipients. I hugged everyone afterward.

I even won a door prize! I had been kind of hoping for the $50 gas card, or the Girl Scout blanket, but my prize was even cooler. It was, in fact, a cooler. It is an insulated wine bag. It has plastic wine glasses, a cork screw, a cutting board, and cheese knife in it. It fits 2 bottles of wine (yes, but what will everyone else drink?). And you take it to the outdoor symphony.

I know what your thinking...when was the last time Freakmom went to the symphony? I know, but it is cool. Plus I was thinking. I take it to a really conservative homeschool picnic sometime and pop the cork. Maybe take a friend with (and arrange to have one of our husbands drive us and pick us up). Get more than a bit tipsy and let the comments fly!

Okay, I won't but a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Ami said...

You can put a LOT of chocolate in the space a wine bottle would occupy.

Just sayin'.