Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pillows



We covered those old pillows yesterday. What do you think? We made the covers rather baggy so that we could machine stitch them closed rather than trying to do it by hand. Boy what a mess! It never dawned on me how messy it would be using faux fur. Don't ask me why it didn't occur to me that when you cut the material, you inevitably cut some of the fur. And that red fuzz would be EVERYWHERE!

It looked like we massacred Elmo in the front room. And we did it on the day when so many troop leaders were stopping by to drop off their registration packets. At least the material and sewing machine was sitting out so it looked like a project and not an every day occurrence. Violet found it extremely funny that I had red fuzz all over me including my butt as I'd stand at the door talking to the troop leaders looking so nice in their just from the office clothes. I assured her I wouldn't trade my fuzzy-butt producing life for theirs for anything.

No projects today. We played Borderline and Violet trounced me 3 games. I'm really not trying to lose. I wonder if she's cheating? Hmm. We also did a lot of school work and read more Mary Poppins.

Right now there is a chicken pot pie in the oven for dinner and I am trying to talk Violet into going ahead and showering now and putting on her jammies. It is cold enough tonight for footie p.j.'s. Fall has arrived. That reminds me, I did run out to the garden and harvested another handful of broccoli and some green peppers as well as an eggplant that might be ready, might not, but wouldn't survive the cold temperatures.

Winter's a coming!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cats are going to LOVE these!

Ami said...

They look great!

And I think, the next time you go to camp and need a camp name, Fuzzy Butt would be an excellent option.

dariasmama said...

Those are awesome pillows!

The fact that they look like dead Elmo is only gravy :)

The Old Gray Mare said...

I love the Elmo pillows! Yep, I think you shall now be called Freakmom Fuzzy Butt.

Fatcat said...

I think they're cute! Maybe a little bit darker red than elmo? Maybe one of his long lost relatives?

Red said...

Wow, love the color!!

I wonder why?!?!?!

SabrinaT said...

They look wonderful!

MOM #1 said...

Those pillows look deliciously comfy. I love soft pillows.

Anonymous said...

I hope that the pillows don't keep defuzzing!!! They sure do look cuddly!!! I love Elmo!! He was dd's favorite!!
I am so jealous that you are having cold weather!! I miss chicken pot pie!! My kiddos hate it and it is still too hot to cook indoors.
I still haven't found the knack for gardening in Florida. Enjoy your fresh vegetables, they are the best!!!!
Bunnys