Thursday, October 30, 2008

I have a headache

I spent much of the afternoon researching all our local election races. I know who I'm voting for in the presidential race, but that was it. Well, I had already decided to vote no for the library referendum that would raise my taxes another $60 or more a year. I love the library, but I'm already paying over $200 a year for it. I don't mind that it is crowded and the selection isn't the best. They'll get me almost everything I want from interlibrary loan. If the schools weren't already sucking out so much of my income in their taxes I'd definitely be for it. So, once again, you can blame the public schools.

Where was I? Yes, local races. I had no idea who to vote for in the local races. I had to first figure out which district I was in, then who was running, and who I liked. I have a nice little cheat sheet to carry in my pocket and a headache to show for it.

The doctor's appointment when very smooth. Homeschool didn't come up. Violet answered questions. The doctor diagnosed her "skinny". But not so skinny that he was worried about it. No shots. There might be one or two next year. She'll be old enough for the cervical cancer one, but I'm holding off on that one for awhile. And the meningitis one. That one I may do, but I'll do some research first. The final one is a new tetanus/whooping cough booster that is currently recommended for 9th grade, that he thinks will be lowered to 5th grade. That one I'd probably do too, if it is lowered. But for today, she wasn't a pin cushion so she's happy!

Tomorrow is Halloween and her costume is ready: we bought her a feather witch outfit. The forecast is for sunny and 65 which is wonderful news. Mr. Incredible and I both remember trick or treating as kids with our winter coats over our costumes.

My supervisors were very pleased with my interview article. It did turn out really good. She made me sound quite coherent. She must be a very good writer indeed! Seriously, they loved the subtle marketing pitches. Little things like that can't hurt my career and paycheck in this economy.

Enough looking at the computer screen for tonight. I really did get a headache from all the congressional this and that and county board who's and what's. Only a few more days and it will be over.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

I can't wait till it's over!

Glad to hear Violet didn't get the shots, always good.

MOM #1 said...

I'm glad the doctor's appointment wasn't painful.

Do you know the doctor told Baby Boy that he was on the "high end" of the weight spectrum for his height? He's 5' 9" and weighs 135 lbs. No wonder little girls are throwing up and starving themselves . . . anyway I cussed him out and now I am looking for a new family doctor. *SIGH*

Sorry to rant on your blog. I got caught up in my pissed-offness of the moment, LOL.

That costume sounds great. Be sure to take a photo for us!

Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Pictures. I want to see pictures. :o)