Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy week already turning annoying

We have a really busy week scheduled. I'm trying to fit a lot of things in before we go on vacation. This afternoon I had my gyne appointment with the new guy who's office is right by our house. Mr. Incredible was working from home, so Violet could just hang out with him while I was off. I wasn't looking forward to getting an exam from a new doctor, but what are you going to do?

I get there, marvel at how close the place is. Find out they even do mammograms on site. Bonus. I check in, pay my co-pay go to sit in the waiting area and fill out my paperwork when I'm asked to go in the back. Turns out the doctor had to race out to do an emergency c-section. How annoying. Reschedule the appointment for next Monday. Get my co-pay back. Come home. They said they tried to call but I had already arrived, he had left just as I got there. I get to wait a week to go through this again.

Tomorrow we are having the homeschool Juliette's over to earn a Try-it badge called Movers, all about things that fly. We're making twirling paper copters and ring gliders. Plus we'll be celebrating Juliette Low's birthday. She's the founder of the Girl Scouts in the U.S. I put together a memory game with objects that represent her life. The girls will get to see what's there, then we'll take something away when they aren't looking and they have to guess what it is. I bought apples and caramel dip for a snack.

I spent this morning cleaning all the rooms they are likely to see when they are here. It is just 3 girls, 2 moms. I'm glad we just planned on doing it at our house, we're supposed to have a high of 40 tomorrow, far too cold to be in the park for a few hours.

Speaking of cold, it was snowing on my way to the doctor's non-appointment. It has been very windy the last two days and now snow. Winter has arrived early. By the end of the week and Halloween it is supposed to be up closer to 60. Nothing stinks like wearing your winter coat over your Halloween costume.

Tomorrow night I have a product sales committee meeting to go to. I'm kind of tempted to not go. They are planning for a training session that will take place while we are on vacation, so I can't help anyway. I guess it will be good to hear how the training will take place as I seem to get asked all sorts of questions. My mentor warned me that when you are registrar they think you know everything about everything. Plus I need to know the cookie sales procedures so I can pass it on to the Juliettes. And I do love this committee, they are a riot. I guess I just talked myself back into going.

Thursday Violet has her doctor's appointment. Her doc doesn't deliver babies so hopefully he won't have an emergency. And Friday we'll be busy all day with Halloween.

I did get some work done when I came home from my canceled appointment, so that was good. Thank goodness I only drove 5 minutes to the office and not farther. My old nurse practitioner was an hour away. That would have been more than just annoying. It would have stunk to high heaven!

4 comments:

MOM #1 said...

There's nothing more annoying than a canceled doctor's appointment, except when I call the pharmacy and they say my medication is ready but when I get there I am informed it will be a 20 minute wait. I. hate. that.

The Old Gray Mare said...

I think you're going to be ready for that vacation time!

Anonymous said...

You drank the Kool-Aid didn't you?

Fatcat said...

I hate going to the GYN. Now you have to go through all the dang prep again, getting your nerve up, shaving your legs, etc.