Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Like a chicken with its head cut off

I've been running very which way this last week. The end is in sight. We have an overnight trip tonight (details later) and a busy Thursday, then we are off for a couple of weeks.

Saturday Violet, Red, Red's Mom and I went to a cemetery walk as a Girl Scout event. It was nice. It was one of those historical re-enactments that have been popping up everywhere. The girls wore their sashes/vests and looked great. Violet said she'd do another with me sometime.

Violet started her pet sitting job. She's watching my boss' cat while she is out of town. She lives about 25 minutes from here, so it is back and forth, but not every day. Violet is really loving it. She looks forward to going over, and for a kid who'd usually rather stay home it is a nice change of pace.

I've been busy for work. It is convention season and several things have come up. But as I type this, I am happily caught up. (I'll check e-mail later.)

We haven't done a lot of formal school work, but I figure a cemetery walk, pet sitting and the hike we did on Sunday all count. Today's overnight will be more p.e.

Violet also has collected blankets, towels and pillows for the greyhounds. She works with a greyhound rescue organization from time to time and gets used items for them to use as bedding and such. She's going to be doing a more hands on with the dogs project next year for her Girl Scout Bronze award. I haven't taken her picture yet with all the stuff she got, but I'll post it when I do.

So far I've still managed to outrun the germies. Violet and Mr. Incredible still make awful coughing sounds from time to time, but are feeling much better.

Thank you all who gave me your e-mail and snail mail addresses! E-mails will arrive sometime after Saturday when the sale officially starts. Violet is excited that she'll be earning the patch. We do really appreciate it!

And finally, today is my birthday. Yes, I'm now 42 years old and still don't have to put up with that crap anymore.

No matter what the crap du jour is.

Enjoy the day!

5 comments:

Ami said...

::clearing throat, doing warm up exercises:::

(singing loudly but ON KEY)

:::Put another wrinkle in your birthday suit, your birthday suit, your birthday suit. Put another wrinkle in your birthday suit, 'cause you're another year ol-der.:::

Happy Birthday!!

Donna said...

Hope you have a ~*Wonderful Birthday*~ today!!!!!!
Best Wishes.

Anonymous said...

*~*HaPpY BiRtHdAy!*~*

Much love from your Kentucky kinfolk who packed your birthday card and doesn't know where to even begin looking for it but knows you will forgive her. She also knows you'll forgive her for a run on sentence.

Mel said...

Happy Birthday!!

SabrinaT said...

You say it's your birthday (enter guitar rift)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!