Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cats, Backs and Layoffs

We went back over to check on the cat one more time yesterday, and there she was, sitting pretty and smug just waiting for Violet to pet and brush her. Damn cat, worrying me like that. The boss will be back today. Violet had a really good end to her pet sitting job. I foresee many more jobs like this in our future.

Alright, who stuck a knitting needle in the back of their Freakmom voodoo doll? No confessions? Hmm, maybe it was evil ex-co-leader. I wouldn't put it past her, she's evil. About dinner time last night I suddenly got a horrible pain in my upper back. It spread around up into my shoulder and neck. I was starting to wonder if I had pneumonia or was having a heart attack. But it really just feels in the muscles. Perhaps a muscle-eating bacteria? It is better today, but I think I'd better not sit at my computer too much.

Today is the day big layoffs are coming at Mr. Incredible's company. We don't think he is in this round. But you never know. Scary, scary times we live in.

Violet's been back on a Girl Scout badge kick. We worked on some yesterday and she has more planned for today. Sounds good to me, it is like homeschool lessons all planned out for me. There's a lot of cool stuff for her to do as a Junior and only 2 years to do it in.

We have no errands to run today! It is the first day we are staying home since last Friday, and that was the first day since the Friday before that. Tomorrow our only plan is to go to the library and get some stuff that is coming in on interlibrary loan. The library is really close by (but not close enough to walk).

I wonder what kind of comfort food we have I can make for dinner. I think Mr. Incredible is going to need it tonight.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Junior badges really are great for homeschooling. We loved the science badges, but plenty of the other ones were good, too.

MOM #1 said...

Chili with lots of cheese is a great comfort food for coolish weather.

I hope you back feels better. I wasn't worth a dime when mine went out.

I hope Violet gets lots and lots of badges!

dariasmama said...

Whiskey works well for comfort food ;) Let us know how it goes.

Sorry to hear about your back. I like hot baths, a magnesium tablet, and some horse liniment when mine does that.

Wendy said...

Hope Mr. Incredible comes home unscathed, that your back feels better, and that Violet has fun working on her badges (although we no longer participate in SpiralScouts, I held onto the book because I figure the steps to earn badges are like "lesson plans").