Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dodging the Germies

I know what you are all saying...What happened to Freakmom? I've been missing for a week. Sorry about that. The first week of the month is always super busy. Why does everyone think that monthly meetings and events have to take place the first week? We have more things we have to do the first week of the month! The second week is only a little better. Then by the third and fourth weeks...nothing. Argh.

To add to this, Mr. Incredible came home from work on Friday sick. He managed to do stuff like mow on Saturday, but by Sunday he was wiped out. He slept all day on the couch. Mondays he works from home and spent the day back and forth between his computer and the couch. He's been back at the office Tuesday and today and says he feels much better, but he's still sounding awful and taking cough and cold medicine.

So that meant I got to do all his weekend chores for him. While doing all of my own. While doing all my first week of the month commitments. While trying really hard not to catch the cold. I've been washing my hands and towels and dishes like a mad woman.

I think I am staying ahead of germies so far. I need to stay ahead of them through tomorrow night when I have a really big Girl Scout meeting to go to. I could have someone fill in for me, but it would be a big favor to ask. I have several things I am doing at it. Things I'm bringing to it. Things I'm taking home. I'd like to save that big of a favor for when I really, really need it.

The germies are getting their paws into Violet. She woke up this morning with a fever and sore throat. The children's Tylenol and cough syrup have been helping. We didn't go to my parents like we had planned. Instead they came by here. That was really nice. We still got to see them, Violet didn't have to leave the house, I got some extra stuff done around here and didn't have to drive.

My goal is to get through tomorrow, then I can catch this if I must. Until then, I'm off to get the hand sanitizer out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you wearing a mask? Cough.