Thursday, July 31, 2008

Still catching up

Summer is supposed to be slow and relaxed and easy, isn't it? Whatever happened to that?

Violet's been taking it easy this week and relaxing. Yesterday she and Mr. Incredible went to see Space Chimps while I had my yearly performance review. Violet loved the movie. Mr. Incredible? He is waiting to see Batman this weekend. Me? I don't have time to go to a movie. Yet my entire Sunday will be taken up with going to my folks, leaving Violet with them, seeing a movie I don't care about, and finally getting home in the evening.

Sorry, I digressed into a whine.

Work has once again exploded. I have 6 presentations to prepare for other people. The good news is that they have to go to the conferences and speak. I get to stay home in my jammies. The bad news is that they have to be finalized no later than August 8th. Since I work primarily weekends, that just gives me one weekend to do them. And one of the days is taken up with Batman.

It is hot and humid here again. No relief in sight. The garden is loving it though. I took some pictures. I'll try to get them posted today or tomorrow. I still owe camp pictures too. There are at least 8 spaghetti squash growing. And one cute little eggplant. We've been eating cucumber and broccoli already.

Today Violet is going over to Cookie's house. It is her first time visiting there. Cookie has been here all the other times. I hope it goes smoothly and Violet doesn't pull a Violet-scene.

The house is disgusting. I dust mopped the wood floor the other day because I was tired of stuff sticking to my feet. The bathrooms are scary. There is still birthday stuff to be put away. Hissy and Missy are gone but the cat carrier is still in the extra room and none of the stuff that was in there has been put away. I want to paint that room before school starts up. I asked Mr. Incredible and Violet to pick up paint chips on their way back from the movie. They didn't. All they have to do is decide on a damn color and I can get the stupid room painted and get the house back in order.

Sorry, that time I digressed into a vent.

I guess rather than sit here and type about how much I have to do I should just go do it.

7 comments:

MOM #1 said...

You sound VERY busy. I don't know if I've missed it from other posts, but what kind of work do you do?

Good luck getting it all done, with a smile, of course. LOL.

MOM #1 said...

I just got your email. Dang, girl. Witty, cute, AND smart!

Mr. Incredible better watch out, I may have to take a road trip and come steal you, LOL.

P.S. Uhhmm . . .Just kidding . . . I'm not a real stalker . . . please don't ban me from your blog. ;-)

Fatcat said...

I know what you mean. My house is a mess right now too and I just cannot get the energy to clean it up. I wanted to get my kitchen painted this summer but that's not done either. Sometimes it's frustrating trying to be supermom, isn't it (or Mrs. Incredible as the case may be!) Of course most of the time we get it right. :-P

SabrinaT said...

I think August 9th you need to head to the spa!
Batman is over 2.5 hours. If you are not into the movie, take an ipod with soothing music and grab a nap...

dariasmama said...

It's very comforting to know there is someone else having the same issues I am right now. We finished school a week ago and my motivation just died.

If I find it, and yours is there too, I'll send it your way :)

Anonymous said...

I wish we all lived closer together so we could go it each others houses and clean together. Wouldn't that be a hoot???
I think that we will all be together in spirit, it seems we are all busy doing the same things!!
I can't wait to go see Batman!!! I could go in your place! LOL!!
Put on some good dancing music and GO GIRL!!!
Bunny

Anonymous said...

Hm. Bunny may be on to something. To bad the term Merry Maids has already been taken. ;o)

Enjoy the movie. TeeHee.