Saturday, July 12, 2008

Party Day

9:30 am and I am already exhausted. We had a night of horrible storms. You know the storms are bad when they wake up Violet. She usually sleeps through them. She came and got me twice during the night.

There's a 60% chance of storms through the morning, then it tapers off. I think we're still going to try to have the party outside, but I cleaned the house yesterday (except for all of Mr. Incredible's stuff which he will move shortly) just in case. The second time she got me Violet said she didn't want to sleep outside tonight because what if it storms. I said we'd check the weather, but we wouldn't be out if there was bad weather. Actually, I think it would be easier on me if they were in.

We did make a few decisions, like if they are in they will sleep in the family room, rather than upstairs. And (thanks Ami!) we will tell them where we are when we order pizza. Duh. That never occurred to me. We are ordering one large cheese and one medium pepperoni.

I'm thinking as long as it looks to be clear enough to sleep outside we should set up the tent then they can always actually come inside to sleep.

I need to go get the cake from Skippy and Skippy Two. But first I need more coffee. Thanks for listening to (and helping with) the party plans. Parties are killers on us obsessive compulsive planners!

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Sounds like you better get your inclement weather contingency plan all hammered out. No matter what the weather really is like, it's hard to convince a scared little girl that everything is going to be ok.

I'm sure no matter how the weather, the food, or the cleanliness of the house . . . the kids will be together and a great time will be had by all!

Just relax, they're kids! They like parties!

Good Luck!

Fatcat said...

I'd be the same way, meticulously planning every detail, worrying, not sleeping. That's why we don't do sleepovers and I attempt to bribe my kids not to have birthday parties! Bad, I know.