Wednesday, July 23, 2008

worn out

Violet and I have been on the go non-stop the entire months of June and July. We are both worn out. I think I'm getting a cold. She's been complaining of stomach aches. We are trying very, very hard this week to take it easy. The week is not cooperating with us.

Yesterday I had my eye appointment. My eye doctor is 45 miles away. I've tried closer eye docs. I haven't found one I like. I keep going back to this guy who I've seen off and on since college. I like him. I like his office. Violet hung out at my parents while I was there.

I've had a floater in my left eye since December. And things have been getting blurry. I was worried. And I needed to order another year's worth of contacts. He checked my eyeballs out. The left eye is completely healthy, it is just an annoying floater because I'm old now. (Why do my medical professionals seem to enjoy telling me how old I am?) I did need to up the strength of my contacts. I'm relieved that is done. And Violet did enjoy quietly hanging out with my mom.

On the way from the eye doctor back to get Violet I ran a bunch of errands. I think we are good for now. Except that I need to go to the grocery store. I was going to go tonight after dinner. But Mr. Incredible's dad is stopping by for dinner and to see Violet and have Mr. Incredible look at his computer. Sigh. I'm thinking I can scrape by with the food we have until we leave for camp and that Mr. Incredible is on his own while we're gone. Grandpa Incredible is going to pick up Subway for us, so at least I don't have to cook. I hope the Mr. is home before his dad gets here so HE can get his dad's dogs secured in the backyard away from the pool and away from my prize garden.

Hissy and Missy are still in the guest room. We don't know their real names, Mr. Incredible forgot them. Missy rubs on you and tries to sneak out. Hissy growls all the time. I was calling him Mr. Growly Pants, but Violet didn't like that. She came up with Missy and Hissy. At first I was calling them Damn Cat 1 and Damn Cat 2. So far there've been no big cat fights or messes made. Just food and catnip all over the carpeting, which Mr. Incredible WILL be cleaning up. I wonder if I can claim my runny nose is that I'm allergic to the Missy and Hissy. I'm also wondering if we can choose which two cats to return to the neighbors. I'm thinking keep Missy and give them the cat who stands on me at 4 am and sticks his wet nose in my armpit.

I have 2 presentations to prepare this week for work. I'll be doing good to get one done. We haven't heard about Violet's class next week, but I think we are both hoping it gets canceled. But if it doesn't I'll actually be able to catch up with work.

We don't have to go anywhere today. I'd like to get my hair cut, but Violet is happy with hers so I hate to drag us both off to the Great Clips. I'll just tie mine back at camp with a bandana again. That's Girl Scout camp stylish anyway. So far the weather reports sound much better for this weekend than last.

5 comments:

Ami said...

I plan things for 'when it settles down a bit'.

But it never does, does it?

This is the good stuff. The stuff you'll look back and miss, laugh over, sigh over and remember long after it's all gone.

Take pictures of the cats. You can haul them out years from now and say, "Remember those damn cats?"

:)

MOM #1 said...

Busy, busy, busy. . . such is the life of a Superhero Mom.

I hope Violet and you both get to feeling a little better.

Maddy said...

For shame! I shall have to report you to the Humane Society, tsk, tsk, tsk. Funny how your cats have the same name as ours. [don't tell!]
Cheers

dariasmama said...

Probably the neighbors would notice. If not immediately then the first time the nose went in the armpit at 4 am :)

Too bad though.

Has Mr. Incredible seen the error of his ways and stated he will no longer volunteer to cat sit?

Anonymous said...

Nothing says love like a wet nose in the armpit at 4 a.m. ... In my case it's Jay, not the cat. LOL