Monday, July 7, 2008

The results are in

Violet has completed the science topic survey and here are her rankings:

  • Dinosaurs = 4
  • Weather = 3.5
  • Space = 4
  • Birds = 3
  • Mammals = 4
  • Reptiles, Amphibians, Fish = 4
  • Insects and Arachnids = 4
  • Chemistry = 5
  • Evolution = 5
  • The Oceans = 4
  • Madagascar = 4
  • African plains = 4.5
  • Plants and flowers = 3
  • Trees = 4
  • Ponds, Rivers, Creeks = 4
  • The Forest = 4
  • Ecology = 4
  • Rainforests = 4
  • The Body and Systems = 4.5
I'd say this experiment was a success! I now know where to concentrate my planning efforts. I need to think about which ones will work better in warmer months and which can be done inside when it is snowy too. I think I need to search for a chemistry set!

Stay tuned. Next up will be the listing of required subjects and a similar voting tool for some other electives.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

She certainly has good taste. All of her 5's are big hits around here too!

Anonymous said...

Very diplomatic. :o)

Anonymous said...

You are so creative!! You are an awesome teacher!!! I might have to do that with Dylan!!
Keep us posted on it all!!