Friday, July 11, 2008

Party Preparation

Tomorrow is Violet's camping party. We have all the crafts lined up. Mr. Incredible has plans for the scavenger hunt. The cake is ordered. Now we need the weather to cooperate.

Depending on who you listen to there is a 40-60% chance of storms tomorrow. I guess I have to prepare to have 8 kids in the house painting. The forecast for Saturday night is clear, so the campout looks good. Except that I think Violet is getting cold feet. We aren't sure how many girls are staying over. It could be anywhere from 2 to 5. I think there will be 4. Why can't people be clearer when they RSVP?

We can't decide if we should order pizza and if so when. If we are in the backyard, how do we get it delivered? We won't hear the doorbell. If we go pick it up it means one of us leaves the party for a good half hour. Do we need pizza? I say no. The main party is from 2-4 pm. I wouldn't expect a meal at that time. Mr. Incredible said he was thinking we need to order 3 pizzas. For 8 kids and probably 4 adults tops. We need a Federal negotiator to step in and help us come to a middle ground. We were going to grill hotdogs at dinner time for the girls staying over. What to do? What to do?

I will be glad when the party was a success and is over with.

4 comments:

Ami said...

Grill the hot dogs between 2 and 4.

Then order pizza for the people staying over. Cheaper.

When you call the pizza place, tell them you'll be in the back yard and for the delivery person to come around back.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

:)

MOM #1 said...

Take all of Ami's advice and then relax and try to have some fun.

I love attending parties, I despise planning them!

The Cooking Lady said...

I hope all goes well and I wish I could have a cmap out wiht all my lady friends. but they would want AC, blow dryers...

Hope it stays dry for you.

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath. In. Out. Now, doesn't that feel better? :o)