Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My new motto

I am 41 years old and I don't have to take that crap anymore.

I've been saying that a lot the last few weeks. When I first turned 40 I was really in denial. I claimed to be 39 for an extra year and a half. Then recently I decided it was time I get the respect I deserve.

Like tonight at the grocery store. Skippy the wonder boy was busy talking with Skippy Two and not paying the least bit attention to anything. He scanned my cereal box and tossed it without looking down the belt. I scolded him. "Don't throw my stuff," I said to him in my best mom voice. "What?" he said in his normal slacker voice as he tossed my loaf of bread the same way. "Like that. Do not throw my stuff." I was pissed.

Skippy Two randomly shoved items in bags and piled them without care into the cart. I rearranged the cart so that the cans were no longer crushing the bananas. Morons.

I'm going to have to work on enforcing that motto of mine. Stand back morons, Freakmom isn't putting up with your crap.

8 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I hate when I get a grocery store moron.

The one thing about getting older that I really do like, is that no one expects you to be nice anymore. I realize that lately I'm having no trouble at all fitting into the "crotchety old lady" stereotype.

Oh, well. That's how I like it!

dariasmama said...

Oh, man. My friends and I joke that I'm going to be that gripy old lady everyone laughs at. I'm already yelling at kids to stay off my lawn....

For what food costs today, though, they should sack it with packing peanuts and it's own individual bags instead of throwing it down the belt.

Anonymous said...

Grr.

The Old Gray Mare said...

Let all the crotchety old(er) ladies across America unite!

Donna said...

You Go Girl!

Ami said...

::snickering::

"Skippy the Wonder Boy."

Hee hee.

I'm 47. And it is not beyond my capabilities to say, "Hey, Skippy. Would you mind paying a little attention to what you're doing? You and your little play friend can get together AFTER WORK. Right now, I'm paying your wages!"

Mel said...

Good for you! I'm 39 (really! lol) and have gotten to a point I take zero crap either. Yesterday while getting ketchup at a food stand, a woman reached IN FRONT OF ME, right by my crotch! to get napkins all the while saying, "Sorry, I don't mean to reach in front of you.." without sounding at all sorry so I rudely said back, "But that isn't stopping you from doing it anyway.". GRR! Some people! And then get all offended that you said something! I don't get it! But, feels good to not take crap that is for sure.

Fatcat said...

I hope you took names and called the store!