Friday, July 4, 2008

Zero Tolerance My Ass

I do not like fireworks in the hands of the untrained. I am extremely opposed to fireworks and would like to see all firework sales to the general public completely outlawed. If you disagree and think it is just fine for the average guy on the street to shoot off fireworks in his backyard you probably want to move on to another blog and come back to mine another day.

Our town has been going on and on the last week about their "zero tolerance" policy on illegal fireworks. As I type this large, commercial grade fireworks are being shot off by several assholes neighbors. We are really hoping they don't land on our house or our fence. Mr. Incredible and I were just discussing how we could care less if they blow their own arms off. Just don't damage our property in the process.

Where are the police with their zero tolerance? My guess is doing security at the real fireworks display on the other end of town. Our town doesn't have a doughnut shop. In the State of Illinois only sparklers, snakes and party-poppers are legal. These things they are blowing up sure as hell aren't sparklers.

I'll be really curious to see how many of those $50 to $500 tickets they issue this weekend.

I just hope they don't find our pool while looking for fireworks in the sky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kasnorfle.

Ami said...

I ranted about the same thing this morning, with a twist.

Gosh. I'm not alone.

MOM #1 said...

You're so funny. I LOVE fireworks, so I probably should have stopped reading after the first paragraph, but since you're such a great blogging friend, I thought I'd keep on reading. ;-)

It certainly is better to do them when you live in the country. I can't image who would want to set off fireworks in the city with people and buildings around. Yikes!

Fatcat said...

So is a pool against the law there?

Hope you all made it through unscathed.

dariasmama said...

If they find the pool and ask, tell them you got it specifically as fire prevention for all the illegal fireworks.

I just don't like loud noises at 2 am. I'm a grinch that way.