Monday, July 14, 2008

Zap!

That's the name of Violet's Kids and College class this week. They are learning about electricity and magnetism. Just her and the boys. Eight of them. She's the only girl. She did not fail to notice it. Luckily the teacher is a female and there is a high school girl helping out with the class. Violet still had a blast today, even with all the cooties.

She's still tired from the party. So are Mr. Incredible and I. But we are perking up. And cleaning up. I mopped the floor today. Did I tell you how muddy the backyard was from all the rain the day before? The rug by the back door was filthy. So was the mop water when I dumped it. But it didn't rain a single drop during the party, so can't complain there. The mud all over just makes it feel that much more like a real camp out.

Found out something interesting today. Many of you will remember evil Girl Scout leader, the reason Violet is a Juliette and I am no longer a leader. Well she quit the troop (although she still leads one for the younger daughter) and her daughter became a Juliette too. I'm not telling Violet. Violet still thinks she and this girl are friends. The other girl is a bully. Violet isn't hanging out with her, ever. Evil leader was supposed to turn the Juliette registration form in to me, but she didn't. I'm guessing she's not going to want any of my services as Juliette Coordinator through the year. Gack. At least 2 other friends of mine have decided to have their daughters also become Juliettes. One is also an ex-friend to her Evilness. The other 3 girls are all homeschoolers too. Violet is going to get together with them on occasion for projects and outings.

Who ever thinks that all homeschoolers get along simply because we homeschool and therefore must have so much in common, is out of their gourd. We homeschool moms can have fights, cliques, and grudges just like all the other moms.

Speaking of gourds (how's this for a transition to a garden update), Violet and I spotted a blossom on our gourd plant! She picked 6 beans today. And we spotted teeny tiny cucumbers, spaghetti squash, green peppers and tomatoes. Get your salad bowls ready and come on over! It will be quite a harvest!

5 comments:

Mel said...

No doubt, it's a rare homeschool mom, or any mom really, that I can relate to or tolerate enough to be friends with. For me it's the hardest part of being a mom/homeschooler. I don't play well with others. LOL

Fatcat said...

Here we've only got tomatoes and banana peppers so far, which I figure will be ripe next week sometime. I hope all this rain helps our garden and we get at least one watermelon ... ;-)

MOM #1 said...

Unfortunately it is true, we can clique up with the best of them - even better, really. Hopefully you don't have too many (read ANY AT ALL) encounters with Evil Mom.

I'm glad Violet is enjoying her class, it's a good thing she's there or it would just be overflowing with Boy Cooties!

Can't wait to see some more pictures of your harvest!

Garden State Kate said...

Your harvest sounds wonderful and I am glad Violet had fun at her party.
I hear you on the cliques. A non homeschooling Mom friend of mine met another homeschooler in an activity for kids in their town and thought
it would be great if we all got together..it's the one Mom in our group that I don't like. Oh well.
She was trying to be supportive.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Dana Leeds said...

I'd love to learn more about how you do GS as a Juliette. We've looked into this a few times, but not thoroughly. Could you possibly email me at drleeds at sbcglobal dot net? Thanks! Dana