Monday, July 21, 2008

Camp Pictures

Mr. Incredible and Violet are next door attempting to wrangle the cats into cat carriers. The workers arrive tomorrow to suck all the oxygen out of the house. The neighbors left for vacation Saturday. I'm still not on board. Mr. Incredible feels that they have helped us out a lot by snow blowing our driveway a few times each winter. I still say this was a lot to ask in return. I guess I'm just not that nice a person.

Anyway, to try not to think about the impending doom I am posting pictures from camp.

This is our tent:



After dinner they had a barn dance. It was hot. So we hung around outside and Violet tried out some of the games on hand. She's practicing jump rope. She'll get it one day soon:



And Frisbee. She's getting the hang of this one:



Back at the tent rehydrating:



Here's the corn maze. See she has our rain ponchos. We weren't convinced it wasn't going to pour on us again.



In the morning we had the pool to ourselves for a while:



Here's me, on the trail:



This is Violet by the sign to our camp unit. There were 8 tents like ours in the unit. Our unit had our own pit latrine and wash stand. Except there were some pipe issues and many of the wash stands weren't working part of the time. One of the dads fixed them in the morning. We think he was a plumber or contractor. We didn't hear the whole story but the camp staff was quite grateful for his help.



This is Violet at Peace Pole. I didn't know this until we got home but apparently it is a Girl Scout thing to erect a peace pole reminding everyone to love one another and live in harmony. And here I thought I was an experienced Girl Scout! You learn something new every trip. It is where we took our hike to. You can see the Rock River down below us.



After the hike Violet was too hot to do anything but get her bandana wet and stick it on her head! That's our storm shelter in the background.



I have a great picture of Violet with the CIT, but since I don't have her parents' permission to post her photo I can't show you. Picture Violet with a really super teenaged girl and you'll have the idea.

6 comments:

Fatcat said...

It looks like you all had fun!

Mel said...

Loved all the photos! And it was nice to see what you look like. I don't think I'd seen a pic before. Glad you had fun!

Wendy said...

I am glad to see that you both had a wonderful time. Camping is such fun!

The reunion was great, thanks. Meeting my mom went better than expected, and I am just a happy, happy person now.

I know all about wrangling cats into carriers. Not fun, but essential!!!

MOM #1 said...

What great photos! It looks like you had a great time. It was nice to see you out of your "Freakmom" uniform. Turns out you're a great looking lady.

I feel you about those cats. It is a lot to ask for a few snow-blowed driveways. Maybe next time it snows, you can just stay home, LOL.

SabrinaT said...

What a great time! Violet looks just like you.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! :o)