Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Got the J-Bucks

I took all the cookie paperwork and leftover cookies that I collected from the cookie lady over to Council last night. To say Council was stunned that all that stuff had just been sitting around her house and she didn't think they wanted it is an understatement. There are still 31 boxes of cookies that can't completely be accounted for. But Council gave me Violet's J-Bucks. We're done. And Council was much appreciative of the extra effort I put in.

(For anyone who is new to my blog or perhaps forgot because somehow my life isn't the most important thing going on with them right now: J-Bucks are like Girl Scout council gift certificates. Violet earned them for selling Girl Scout cookies as an independent Girl Scout this past year.)

I like being on the product sales committee. It is a lot of fun. Last night we got to see all the incentives available for the cookie sale and narrow it down to 15 possible ones for the girls to vote on. I'm pretty sure Violet will be included in the voting. Plus a perk of being on the committee, we get to order some of the extra incentives that won't be offered. I'm getting a sweatshirt and a travel mug with cookie logos on them. At least I'm requesting them, I won't count my sweatshirts until they hatch.

I also get to go to the Leader Jamboree training day and help present the "cookie kickoff in a box" that we put together. Leaders can get all the materials to teach the girls about safety, cookies, selling techniques with some fun games and activities we made up. We have some really cool games for the girls so it will be great fun to show them off to the leaders! They are pretty sure there will be an opportunity for an overnight there too. It is at the camp we held daycamp at last year and that I did my outdoor trainings at. I'm looking forward to the prospect.

Funny, I have to miss the fancy dinner opportunity through the committee (it is the same day as homeschool day at Six Flags), but I can go camping.

I am so super relieved that the J-Bucks are here. Next year I am handling things differently. Mainly, I am handling them, not someone else.

My mom always said if you want a job done right you have to do it yourself.

2 comments:

SabrinaT said...

I agree with your mom!
The GS here are in a bad state. If they can't find a POC by the end of the month they will have to end Girl Scouts here. They have LOTS of girls involved and yet none of the mothers are interested in volunteering or helping :(

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the GS Thin Mint Blizzard at DQ yet?