Friday, July 18, 2008

Cats

You are not going to believe this. Really, sit down, swallow the coffee, hold on to your hat.

Mr. Incredible has agreed to have us pet sit the neighbor's cats for 4 days. At our house. While their house is being fumigated or something to get rid of the mold that was caused when their toilet blew up. Or something like that. I stopped listening when he got to the part about their 2 cats staying here. Maybe Martians have asked to borrow the neighbor's house for 4 days and they don't like cats. I'm not sure. I really blacked out.

He did ask me. I said I really didn't want to do it. He told the neighbor yes. I think this is grounds for divorce in the State of Illinois. But I'm not going to do that. I'm going to hold this over his head for the next 40 years. Revenge is much sweeter than divorce.

It was supposed to be almost a week. But they day we were supposed to go to their house and catch the cats and bring them here, I have an eye appointment over an hour away and won't be home. Mr. Incredible will be at work. I said no. He offered that if someone else could watch the cats for the first couple of days we could take them after that. I still don't like this.

Cross your fingers that the neighbor will call back and say she's decided to put them in a kennel while they are gone and the house is under the control of the terrorists making poison with pufferfish. That could have been the story.

All this sprung on me while I am trying to pack Violet and I for our first weekend camping trip that we leave for in 2 hours. Violet doesn't want to be away from her bed tonight. Work is going nutso again. I can't catsit two cats that will be fighting with our three while their house is being used as a safe house for Federal witnesses.

We are packed. I'm going to go take a quick shower before we head off. It is hot, humid with a 60% chance of storms. Violet is homesick already. And my carpeting will be ruined completely next week.

I wish Girl Scout camp had an open bar.

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

"I wish Girl Scout camp had an open bar."

lOl. Maybe you can suggest that!

Can you put the cats in a crate or isolate them to 1 room so they won't fight with your cats?

MOM #1 said...

My goodness! Five cats running around, and two strangers to boot?!

It's obvious that Mr. Incredible just wanted to be indebted to you for the rest of his natural life.

Use your open bar time to think of lots of delicious tasks that he can take care of at 2 or 3 in the morning while you are getting your delicious beauty rest, LOL.

Jeepers!