Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good news, bad news

Just got a phone call from Kids and College, Violet's "Ancient World" class for next week was canceled. She was the only one signed up for it. I tried to explain to Violet what an absolutely horrible job public schools do in teaching history and that because of that most people find it boring. But we homeschoolers know the truth that history is really cool. I'm letting her sleep in, so I haven't told her yet. I think it will be both good and bad news. Good news because she is really ready for a break this summer and we are heading off to camp again this weekend so no rest there. And bad news because she was looking forward to the topic and it was her all time favorite teacher who was teaching it.

The cat sitting is going smoothly. Again, not sure if that is good news or bad news. They've used their litter box, not the futon. They've not scratched up or broken anything too major (Missy likes to jump and has knocked a few things down). Hissy doesn't like it here and spends his time under the futon making scary noises. Missy is on an adventure and would love to go exploring the house. Good news that the room is still in one piece and no cats have killed each other yet. Bad news that Mr. Incredible might think this was a success and try it again.

Definite good news, I am feeling much better today. Violet was still complaining about not feeling well at bedtime last night. But I think hers is mostly allergies. High mold counts affect her a lot, and although I haven't checked them with all the rain we've had all summer they've got to be through the roof. I'm letting her sleep in today.

I finished one of the presentations I was doing for work yesterday. I'm going to let the other wait until next week. I have my research all done and printed out. I should be able to whip it out by mid-week.

Father-in-law stopped by last night and it was probably a good thing. I sat and visited instead of running around trying to do things. He had his dogs with and we put them in the backyard. For a few hours there were 2 dogs, 5 cats and a hamster here. Yikes!

Today's goals are to do laundry and lay out everything we need for camp session two. Make sure nothing major goes down at work and postpone everything else. And we're meeting up with some homeschool friends at the park who also want to "go Juliette" this year. Hee, hee, I don't mean to be recruiting people to the Juliette program and convincing them to leave their troops, but I seem to be. What can I say? Juliettes is everything you want out of Girl Scouts and none of the nonsense.

Juliettes Rule!

7 comments:

Fatcat said...

Wow, you had more pets than we do there for a while. We have 7 full time. ;-)

I love the names Missy and Hissy, LoL.

MOM #1 said...

Well at least Violet will get a break. I hope she's not too disappointed.

Maddy said...

The hamster gets my vote! Don't forget to pick up a spare ink cartridge, you know it will run out half way through printing!
Cheers

SabrinaT said...

Maybe have a "call in tired day". Stay in your jammies and just hang out!
You have a zoo going on there. Have a blast!

The Old Gray Mare said...

I'm glad the catsitting hasn't been the disaster it could've been.

I hope you have a great time at camp this weekend!

Anonymous said...

HUGS

Anonymous said...

I hope Violet won't be too upset. If she is....let me look through my files and see if there is something you can do at home. Dylan loves the hands on...we have lots of that stuff!! We are still doing Ancient China. He loves the Ancient times!!
I love cats, so I wouldn't mind pet sitting either. Though I don't even trust my Dad to watch my dog!!! Yes, I am twisted.