Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stiff and sore

It doesn't work well to be in your 40s, spend weeks at your computer barely moving, then go and spend an afternoon working in the garden. The next morning you hurt all over.

Today's agenda: go to the grocery store, figure out where we were in school and what to do next week, order birthday presents for next Saturday's party (thank goodness for prime shipping from Amazon), and drag myself back to the garden.

p.s. I really don't like gardening, but I love harvesting fresh veggies.

5 comments:

Red said...

I LOVe gardening, but it doe snot like me. Funny how I hated doing this chore as a child, but not any longer.

Becuase I have a back injury I acquired form a knee injury over two years ago, I cannot stay on my knees for too long. So the kids hang with me while we weed and such forth and we are done lickety split.

Plus we do not garden in the heat of the day, with my MS, the heat just does me in. So we do it near sunset and Viola!, the gardening gets done.

(Don't ya love ebing in your 40's...NOT)

Maria said...

I have a love/hate with gardening...I hate the tediousness and aching back but I love digging my hands in the dirt and reaping the profits later. Oh. And I hate weeds....

Ami said...

I allow my husband to do all the gardening.

:-D

Fatcat said...

I know how that feels!

MOM #1 said...

Right now we don't have room for a garden, but when we did I hated it.

Of course now I've fully romanticized it and can't wait until we have a big yard again so I can have a garden.

For now, my garden is the local Farmer's Market, LOL.