Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hope there's no frost

We got the seedlings yesterday and Mr. Incredible helped us plant them. (I wonder if he is secretly reading my blog and saw me complaining about doing all the work?) We bought 6 little tomato plants and 6 green peppers. But I also wanted some other things that we don't grow every year, so we got 6 of each: broccoli, cauliflower and eggplant. Why do I need 6 eggplant plants? Well, they came in packs of 6 and they seemed reasonably priced and well, I wanted them. Tomorrow we are going to my folks and I'm taking them 2 each of broccoli, cauliflower and eggplant. I'm not sure they will want them, but they are getting them.

We haven't planted our eggplants yet, they need lots of room and I'm going to try to wait until next weekend and see if we can tell which of our seeds won't sprout. If all the seeds do sprout, I'm in trouble, there's no room for them. Unless I plant them in the front yard, by the porch, where the daffodils and tulips are. Boy, I can't even imagine the look on Mr. Incredible's face if I try to do that. He'll be out there digging them up and transplanting them in no time. I love the idea of flower bed eggplant.

School is pretty much over. We're just doing a few little subjects. Today we did the last history chapter we're going to do until fall. Violet wants to keep doing art and geography, both heavily literature based. Today we also made some homemade tortilla chips with some leftover corn tortilla shells. I'm about to have a big bowl of them with some salsa.

Oh, back to my title and my point. It is supposed to get down to 38 tonight. I hope those little seedlings are okay out there. I feel like I should take them tiny blankets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMM eggplant!

Maria said...

Yes, what is WITH this weather!?

Gerky said...

Oh, I am envious that you actually got eggplant! I bought seeds thinking I could just plant those. Next time I will read the package...lol

Juno

Garden State Kate said...

We have whatever doesn't fit in the garden in the flower beds every year.
It works great for the peppers- the "pepper flies" don't find them there.