Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Beautiful weather

Have I mentioned what great weather we've had the last few weeks? Most days have been sunny and in the 60s. Once in a while it has rained, but only for a short time. We've had a couple of icky days, but after the winter we had, nothing to complain about. Violet has been spending a ton of time outside at her swing set.

We seem to have hit another wall with math. Violet can't concentrate on it. All that beautiful weather I guess. I've agreed to let her take a break from math and she's agreed that we can do a couple of short weeks through out the summer, with math lessons. Little does she realize that she had a real life math lesson this afternoon when she helped me add up the checks I received for troop registrations. She learned what the information meant on the check and how to use the 10-key to add a stack of them. If I can just get my act together and have more of those teachable moments happen we'd be a-ok.

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

We're having great weather here too!

I wish I could've had some of that cobbler. It sounds wonderful!

Gerky said...

I love teaching moments like that!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It is nice to meet you.

Juno