Sunday, May 25, 2008

Flower beds

Today we worked in the flower beds. By "we" I mean "I" of course, but you all knew that. I cleared out one by the house (Mr. Incredible thought I pulled up stuff that was going to come back, I said I only pulled up dead stuff. It ended in a stalemate with Mr. Incredible saying he'd go out and buy more plants to go in it.) Violet planted some sunflower seeds in that one. I hope the sunflowers come up.

Then I worked on the one out in front by the mailbox. The one that after I started I remembered is rock hard and I've sworn to never ever set foot in it again unless Mr. Incredible agrees to turn it into a rock garden. He thinks something can grow in it. I weeded it. Tomorrow Violet is going to plant her marigold and zinnia seeds in it. If they don't come up, Mr. Incredible will go out and spend more than I want him to on bedding plants to put in. This is why I meant to start seeds in the house back in April so we'd have bedding plants of our own to put in. But I got too busy with work and didn't. Now I have to hope it all grows before he hits the greenhouses.

Violet and Red spent much of the day playing together. First here, then at Red's house. While they were here, Mr. Incredible fixed the grill so he fired them up some hot dogs. He made them 2 each and we were surprised that Violet did a better job at eating hers than Red. Last summer Red was in a perpetual state of growth spurt and ate everything in sight. Guess she's leveled off and Violet is taking off.

About the grill. It blew over several times this past winter in storms. I thought for sure it was a goner. Mr. Incredible hadn't sounded too encouraging, so I was surprised when he declared it fixed. He made turkey brats for the two of us. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brats? MMM