Sunday, March 2, 2008

Catching up

I spent yesterday catching up for work. My big accounting client's work is completely done! That felt good to finish up. I should be in for a quiet time since everyone at work is completely swamped. They will be too busy to send me stuff. Of course, it will catch up in the end and they'll all send it at once.

The cookies are all delivered (except for 3 out of town family members who we'll see eventually). Violet added up all the checks on the 10-key (adding machine) yesterday, then figured how much I needed to write my check for - yikes! I kept the cash out that people paid and just put in a check for the remainder. I have to deposit it all in the bank but I'll have to wait until Tuesday to do it. The cookie chair forgot to give me deposit endorsement stickers to go on the back of each check and I don't want to write it all out. The product sales coordinator at Council said she'd give me some at Monday night's meeting.

I also spent some time yesterday interlibrary loan requesting books. We'll be starting our geography studies with the west coast, Washington State in particular. And we're moving into the American Revolution in history.

Last night Violet couldn't fall asleep. I think she wanted to get back up and read more of her book. She gets so focused on things and can't see past them. I think that was what was keeping her up last night. I'm going to go drag her out of bed when I'm done with this entry. Otherwise she'll be up till midnight tonight too.

I'm going to take her out to Michael's this afternoon. She has a birthday party next weekend and wants to get craft stuff for the present (it is on the birthday girl's list). We'll also actually go to the library (I did my interlibrary loaning at home over the internet). Hopefully that will give Mr. Incredible some time to get some projects done that he wants to do.

I would like to report that it became March and spring was here. But it isn't. It is sunny and warm today but there's still snow all over the ground. Last night I got wondering how many days we've had snow cover on the ground. Most winters we get snow, it lasts a few days and it melts. It has just stayed and stayed this winter.

Hope all of you with cases of the ickies are feeling better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got 4". It was gone by the next day.

Wendy said...

Yay. Catching up is always good!

We had colds here - both chest and head, with relatives with the stomach thing too. It was a ridiculous February.

I can't wait for spring!