Monday, March 24, 2008

It's official

This is the snowiest winter on record for our county. The previous record was the winter of 78-79 when we had 74 and a half inches of snow. Last Friday's snow got us to almost 78 inches of snow! That's a lot of shoveling. The forecast says we might still get more snow later this week. Ugh.

Guess I wasn't the only one sliding on the snow/ice mixture last Friday. There were a lot of accidents that day. That snow was deceptively slippery. I thought I had driven in a lot of bad road conditions this winter, but that topped the snow heap. The funny thing is, as I was sliding out of control towards the side of the road I wasn't scared. I probably should have been. But I was actually annoyed. I was thinking what a pain in the neck it would be to get stuck in the snow and have to get a tow truck to haul me out.

Since the weather was clear tonight, after dinner Violet and I ran some errands. One thing we did was drop off the Linus blankets she made as part of the all service unit Girl Scout service project. I can't remember if I posted these before, but here are her blankets. The pink one is pink and purple tie dye with skull patterns. The red is just red.






She chose to make them the requested size for pre-teens or teens. And she thought the pink would be good for a girl, the red for a boy.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Those are cool, she did a great job!
(it's Mel from estate/thl, I added your blog to my google reader)

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Violet!

Fatcat said...

That's a good project to do. Our homeschool group has done several including taking valentine treats to a homeless shelter, filling shoeboxes and buying a goat for a needy family but we haven't done this, maybe we should?

The Old Gray Mare said...

As a kid, we lived in northern Ohio where we had loads of snow. But somehow now I can't quite wrap my mind around just what getting 78 inches of snow would be like.

Your Linus project blankets turned out great!

Maria said...

Isn't it funny waht goes thru your mind when you are in the process of a accident or near accident. I remember thinking, as my vehicle was careening into another "Great, now I can't go shopping..." My day was spoiled.

Violets blankets look really cozy..I need a nap..