Thursday, March 27, 2008

March 27th!?

You can't tell from these photos, but it was snowing hard this afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised if we are up to 80 inches of snow total for the season. This is the view from my back door:



The snow was coming down on our tulips and daffodils that are trying hard to come up:



I think it will mostly melt by tomorrow. Snow this late in the season isn't unheard of. After the great tornado outbreak on April 21, 1967 the clean up efforts were delayed by a freak snowstorm. But it isn't very common. This snow wasn't as heavy or as slick as the one on Good Friday. The editor of our local paper called that snow "the consistency of a Slurpee," he was right. This was the lighter flakier stuff.

Tomorrow Violet and I have a shopping spree planned at the Girl Scout center. You can bet if I see the product sales director I'll mention Violet's missing dog. Our cookie chair blamed the delay on waiting for her to place a new order. The director gets enough "she said, she said" so I'll be more tactful but will ask if she knows the ETA of the dog.

Off to research ideas for a right-brained, hands-on learner to memorize her math facts. So far I like the idea of her learning all Multiplication Rock songs from Schoolhouse Rock.

7 comments:

MOM #1 said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Today Baby Boy and I were at the park slathered down in sunblock drinking water by the gallons. I took some photos. I'm too lazy right now, but I'll post them on my blog this weekend.

It looks like y'alls weather is SUPER FREAKY just like you.

You better cool it up there or you're going to have to move, LOL.

Maria said...

oh dear, oh dear...this is on it's way to us tomorrow...almost 50 degrees today and tomorrow snow!! I protest!! I hope it melts fast...those flowers are giving me hope...

SabrinaT said...

What a great view from your patio (through all the snow). We had a storm that lasted 3 days, I woke up this AM and we have cherry blossoms blooming! They only last 3 or 4 days so I have to get out and take pictures....

Anonymous said...

Poor lil daffy-dillys...

Anonymous said...

I don't miss the snow. But do miss wearing sweaters, sweatpants and cuddling up on a cold winter's night!!
Are you using the Schoolhouse rocks VHS or is it a cd??
I might try it with Dylan.

Wendy said...

WOW! Such snow! We had a 75 degree day yesterday; it felt awesome to get out (to the gym) and enjoy it (indoors...).

We are in for a couple of cold nights and days, but should rebound into the 50's for the week.

March is always a funny month.

Fatcat said...

I can't believe you have snow again. You've had quite the winter, haven't you? I took down our "Let it Snow" sign last week!

For my 2 youngest kids, I just gave them a multiplication chart with the answers right there and they look them up. With my 9-year-old it's working great, he's gradually memorizing them and doesn't have to look. With my 11-year-old, it's not working - she has to look for everything. For her, I'm thinking of getting some skip counting songs on CD or something.