Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow

Yep, the snow is coming down. It started a few hours later than expected, but even in the hour I've been up it has picked up. We've got over an inch on the ground. I doubt we'll be traveling tonight. They are still calling for 6 to 10 inches of snow.

Piggy asked in comments, wasn't it cold waiting for my package to arrive yesterday? You'd think, but no yesterday was beautiful. It was sunny all day. Nearly 50 out. Violet spent time out on the swings. I was thinking this morning that in the days before forecasts and Weather Channel and radars, we would have been shocked to get up this morning and find ourselves in a blizzard.

My box of goodies did come yesterday. I bought the whole set of the "Key to" series for math. I had them all out on the family room floor and was sorting them out. Violet starts looking at them. Then asks if she can start one of them. We settle on Key to Measurement. She did 7 pages in the first book. We still have a way to go in Miquon, but there's certain enough Key to that she can do at the same time for fun and confidence boosting!

For now I'm going on with my day as if we are leaving tonight. We baked the cupcakes yesterday, today we must make the frosting and decorate them. Violet has several projects to finish up. I'll go ahead and pack.

Glad we didn't bother to start any clean up work out in the yard! Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

I love the Key to books. I'll probably use them next year with my younger 2.

Anonymous said...

Jay planted onions. How springy is that?